Sunday, June 23, 2019

Avengers, Black Panther and the Illumanti

This is the latest Heroclix set.   As a casual gamer I am pretty underwhelmed.  Having aired this view in a Heroclix group I know that I am in the minority, but that's how I feel.



It does seem that the pieces that shine in this set are the Super Rare and Chase figures.  But as a casual gamer I always see Super Rare and Chase as some thing extra, it's the Common, Uncommon and Rare pieces that make the game.  Therefore the set should have playable and fun Common, Uncommon and Rare pieces.

Different character appeal to different people.  This set only has a couple that hold any interest to myself, such as Proxima Midnight of Thanos's Black Order.  Voyager is useful, but not a character I know.  And we have been inundated with Elektra's in Heroclix, is that character really that popular?

So, you can see the two boosters I opened at the pre-release above.  I found it pretty uninspiring.  Not even an A.I.M trooper.  So that's it for me with this set.  

Bring on Star Trek TNG and WWE.




No comments:

Post a Comment